Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tween Boy Birthday


I haven't set foot in my craft room since Friday, so I've got nothing new to share today. However, I was tidying up my iPhoto library and ran across some cards that I made a while back but never shared here. Today's is a card I made back in April using TCP's awesome mustache dies and companion set. This was for my oldest son's birthday, which was at the end of August. Not only did I forget to post it here, but I forgot to give it to him until a few days after his birthday. Oops!

The mustache is die-cut from cork using The Cat's Pajamas Mustaches CutUps die. The sentiment stamps are from TCP's The Mustache Set. The papers and that tag element are from Echo Park's Times & Seasons collection. The striped piece along the bottom was die-cut with TCP's Big Scallop CutUps die.  Last, I added some personalization with the number flags, which I cut from one of the Times & Seasons patterns. I kept it on the simple side to fit that difficult recipient - the tween boy. Seriously, does card-making get any harder? Good thing it's for one of my own -- he *has* to like it. Or pretend to, anyway :)


5 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Amy! Love the cork mustache. If he doesn't like it he gets no cake LOL!

Casandra Bennett said...

Very cute! Love the cork.

Lea L. said...

This is SO cute, Amy! Loving the corkboard mustache, and all the fun layers!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh, I love that big mustache~what a great card Amy! Yes, our children HAVE TO pretend to like our cards! I bet there was no pretending here, though, this is pretty cool stuff~

Oliwiaen said...

I don't think he would pretend anything here! The card is just gorgeous and superfunny :-))