Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sailor


Nina's sketch (#118) over at Card Patterns was too interesting to pass up! I paired up JustRite's new You Are My Anchor with Webster's Pages Yacht Club papers to make a masculine card. Both the sentiment and captain's wheel image were stamped and diecut with Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities. I then stamped the captain's wheel a second time onto white card stock, colored it with Copics, trimmed it out, and popped it up for dimension. The boats are part of the Yacht Club paper design. I embellished with a couple of sailor knots, a die-cut border, distressing, and stitching. It didn't quite turn out like I had hoped, but I'm glad I gave the awesome sketch a try!

I have to show you the full You Are My Anchor set, now available at Stamper's Dream. Love this set!!

And here's the Card Patterns #118 sketch (I moved the circle element to the opposite side):



Happy Friday!



Stamps: You Are My Anchor 2" Round Borders & Centers (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Stampin' Up Confetti White, Papertrey Ocean Tides and Kraft, Webster's PagesYacht Club 6x6 dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy Distress, Papertrey Fresh Snow
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Copic markers, foam adhesive, Stampin' Up rope twine, string, Papertrey Eyelet Border die, paper piercer, needle, thread
Size: 5 1/2" square

15 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love it and all of the nautical details! I owe you something in the mail (working on that)! ;)

Oliwiaen said...

Are you kidding?! It's PERFECT! I love the colours, the combined stamps, and the knot - oh my goodness!

Renkata said...

wow this is awesome en very creative card.

Judi said...

FANTASTIC card! Love everything about it.

Judi x

Susie said...

THAT's what I'm talkin' about!! Amy, I didn't know whether you could out do the other sea shore card (lighthouse w/sailor's knot)you made, but you have!!! What a fantastic design my friend. Stylish, well balanced, and simply wonderful.

P.s. I'm a Navy wife and I can't tie a knot like that! I better get busy learning how. :)

Hugs,
Susie~

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I like the colors and textures you used on this one. Very nice!

Luanne said...

Love your Sailor's Knot, they are so perfect on a nautical card. This looks like a really nice set from JustRite. Awsome card Amy!

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Darlene said...

I just love this card! I think one of my favorite things is that the colors are subtle and just perfect! Great job as always, Amy. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wowsers what a great card for a guy - I love the sun-bleached look of coastal inspiured textures and colours ;) Great knots too!
Rx

Mari said...

I can't imagine what you were hoping for - this is GORGEOUS! Love the use of text paper and the colors!

Anonymous said...

Perfect nautical card, Amy! Love those colors and the way you did the sand dune. Those sailor's knot's are dynamite! Fantastic job!
Hugs, Sharon

Amy Johnson said...

This card is pure genius! Love the sailor's knots, how you did the sails in different dps, the 'sea', everything. Just perfect!

Arlene said...

WOW...so beautiful! Love everything about this card. :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

neat stamp set, Terrific card, love what you have done with the sketch!