Monday, June 6, 2011

Happiness Is You


Your Next Stamp sponsored last month's Sketch For You To Try, and this adorable image, Tea Time Fhiona, is what I chose to work with. It may be a new month/new sketch/new sponsor, but I just had to show this image some more love - it's so cute! I colored with Copics, sponged around the outside with Aquatic Splash VersaMagic chalk ink (with the Nestabilities die still in place), then added some hand-stitching.

The layout is last week's Card Positioning Systems sketch, #220. Turned sideways, it was perfect for this image. I kept the layout clean, with minimal layering and only a few embellishments ... a white crochet flower topped with a button, some baker's twine, a punched strip, dry embossing, and a little tab in the upper right where the sketch shows three small circles. The card base and background layers are Papertrey's Smokey Shadow card stock. The designer papers are from My Mind's Eye's Happy Go Lucky 6x6 pad.

Hope you had a great weekend! I spent too much time (and money) shopping for the kids and just the right amount of time watching baseball and enjoying some of the best weather ever! Today, laundry, the yet-to-be-planted vegetable garden, two half-finished home improvement projects and a dirty car are calling yelling my name.

Here's a photo of my 10-year-old doin' his baseball thing:



Have a fantastic day!





Stamps: Tea Time Fhiona (Your Next Stamp)
Paper: Copic X-Press It card stock, Papertrey Smokey Shadow card stock, My Mind's Eye "Happy Go Lucky" dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic Aquatic Splash
Accessories: Spellbinders Rectangle Nestabilities, paper piercer/needle/thread, foam adhesive, Fiskars corner rounder, My Favorite Things Little Open Scallop border die, The Twinery twine, Stampin' Up white crochet flower, button from stash, Stampin' Up label punch, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool card Amy!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Marisa said...

The card image is my daughter all the way! She looooves her kitty. Totally darling image and details. LOVE the ball photo!!

Lori Craig said...

The post I'm linking was right under this entry in my google reader. Look at how your color combo on this card fit PERFECTLY! Love this bundle of cuteness, Amy! Hugs!!

http://www.designsponge.com/2011/06/make-it-yours-caroline-gomez.html

Oliwiaen said...

You're really amazing - to make a card about happiness on a black background and not losing a speck of happiness!! Love it (and the image too!)

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Some of my favorite times were spring and summers spent watching my boys play ball (both were pitchers). The card is sweet. How did you get that hand stitching so perfect and even?

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh my 10 y/o catches too.. I just love watching him play. Best part of my summer. Your card is adorable. I have not visited here in awhile.. Great cards.:)

dpkennedy said...

This is such a sweet image and colored perfectly!

Arlene said...

Very pretty! Love the image...very sweet!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!! Love it!