Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hugs

{If you're looking for my Sketch For You To Try sample,
scroll down one post or click HERE}



It took me a bit longer than expected, but I've finally put together a card to go along with the Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge that I'm hosting this week. Have you checked out the sketch thread yet? If not, head over and jump right in to this week's challenge. If you're new to the Viva La Verve challenges, basically a new sketch challenge is posted each week. Those who enter all of the challenges in any given month are eligible for the grand prize, which is the next Verve Stamps release in full! And even though the sketches are posted weekly, you have all month to complete them!

Here's the current sketch:


I know, I know ... I'm already catching heat for the angled panel! Verve groupie Marisa has even banished me to the Bad Diva Dark Side. Ouch!! ;)

My sample is pretty straight-forward. The "Hugs" sentiment (love it!!) is from Love Notes and is stamped onto an oval that I die-cut and embossed using Verve's new Embossed Oval die (cutting and embossing are both done in one pass, by the way). The papers are from Basic Grey's Marjolaine collection. I distressed the edges and added in both some black zigzag stitching and some white straight stitching around the perimeter.


Lots going on at Verve ...


During the month of February, treat yourself right with
Sweet Savings on select sweet stamps and dies!
Plus, don't miss our February Stamp of the Month!
Sweet on You is 40% off during the month of February!
It's the perfect little set for treat giving!

Sale prices valid on in-stock merchandie
while supplies last.



Diva Inspirations Blog Hop


And in case you missed it, earlier this week, the brand-new Verve Inspiration Team put on the most amazing blog hop. If you missed the hop on Tuesday, you can catch up now! We also officially welcomed three new Divas -- Betty Wright, Dawn Easton, and Sony Christoph!
Master Hop List
1. Betty 6. Michelle
2. Dawn 7. Lynda
3. Jen d. 8. Shannan
4. Jen T. 9. Sony
5. Julee 10.Susan



That's it for me! Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Marisa said...

Must I come to the Dark Side to be able to make skewed panels look so wonderful LOL :) Love the DPs and the touch of the butterfly. Fabulous card as always.

Oliwiaen said...

It seems you're on the hugging side today :-))
And the card is a great inspiration for "men" cards, for the colours, patterns and composition. Nice sketch, too!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, this is wonderful and so beautifully detailed(as always), Amy! I did this sketch skewed panel and all. Goes live in the morning! Fantastic sketch!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Such GORGEOUSNESS!! Love it!!

Ravengirl said...

Your card is fabulous! I kind of cringed when I saw the angled panels, but I would hardly say that warrants banishment! Last month's sketch was a straight as straight could be :)

Conniecrafter said...

I love the sketch, I like it for a masculine card but like how yours could be for either male or female. great papers too!

Vickie Z said...

Bad Diva dark side... chuckled out loud!! Well, we all need to go there if that is where you are at!! Love the colors, torn edges etc. etc. -- wonderful card and inspiration as always!!

diane zechman said...

cute sketch and I love your card!

Dawn Easton said...

This is gorgeous! Love the papers and distressing!

Darlene said...

Love this sketch Amy...angled panel and all. It's good to mix things up a bit. You do such a wonderful job too! I love the distressed edges. I agree with earlier comments, this would make a wonderful man card. I think I will just go try my hand at that (leaving the butterfly off). :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

{SIGH} This is just positively dreamy, Amy!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the sketch and love your card! You make the simplest things look so amazing!