Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Merci Beaucoup



Just a quick post today. Wanted to share a card I made a few weeks ago for Verve's most recent release. The butterflies are from an older, but favorite set called Beautiful Kindness, and the sentiment is done with one of the thank you greetings from the new Thankful Hearts. I used lots of different patterns from Basic Grey's charming Nook & Pantry collection (the 6x6 size). The ribbon and buttons are by Papertrey, and the buttons are threaded with thin strips of cardstock, an idea I got from one of Susan's awesome Susie Q-Tips.

I also wanted to give a heads up that my blogging is about to become rather sporadic as we fly through this holiday season. I promised myself and my husband I'd take December off except for a few posts here and there, including Jen's Saturday SFYTT. I'm looking forward to spending extra time with friends and family and to completing some home projects that are long overdue - including a huge stamp room purge/reorg. (Watch for some Christmas candy soon!)

Thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

Gretchen said...

Man! I'm going to miss my "daily dose of Amy"! Have a great Holiday season. Your card is beautiful BTW!

edumbett said...

Te mereces un buen descanso y nada mejor que con la familia y amigos en estas fechas. Muchas felicidades, que pases unas buenas fiestas y buena entrada de Año, creo que tod@s tenemos muchas cosas pendientes de hacer en nuestras casas. Esta tarjeta, como siempre, perfecta y adorable. Bss.

Gabriela said...

Darling DARLING card Amy. Love that Aqua ribbon with the burgundy button. Enjoy your well desreved time off and happiest of holidays to you.

Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous. I love all the colors in this and your dimension is great with the butterflies and ribbon. This is just WOW!!!

Carolyn King said...

AWESOME Amy! Good for you---I take time off every Christmas and summer and it feels great!

You rock and ya know we will be stalking ya till you return. Happy Holidays!

Debbie said...

Very cute! We'll miss you, but you deserve some R&R with family and friends. Enjoy!

Barbara said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!! Enjoy your time off!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Charming card Amy. Enjoy the time spent with your friends and family, we'll still be here watching for ya!

Gail said...

Love your card! Enjoy the season!

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!!! And really detailed as always!!! If only my cards looked half as great!!! TFS

Ellen said...

Hello Amy,

Amazing card, I like your details!!!

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

Kathy Jones said...

Amy this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE the papers you've used, beautiful design and love those butterflies!!!! Such a beautiful happy card!!! :)

Enjoy your break with your family, take the time to relax and refresh!!! :)

Carrie said...

This is so CUTE! Your cards are really fantastic, love your blog!

Erin Smetak said...

Great card, Amy!!!!
That is so refreshing when you can get a break!!! Take FULL advantage of it!!!!

Happy Holidays!
{hugs}
Erin

Jessica Diedrich said...

Nook and Pantry AND Butterflies? OMG-could I LOVE it more?! Don't think so!!! BEAUTIFUL card, Amy and I love the dew drops and the ribbon/buttons on the top panel. GORGEOUS!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVIN' all the colors and patterns in the papers....it's so FUN!!

Marisa said...

I think it would take me a week or longer to get all these DPs to work together LOL! Lovely card!

Good for you for taking a break! Kids grow up waaaay too quickly and Christmas is such a special time of year the more things you take out of your schedule the better you can focus on the wonders of the virgin birth. That baby grand may just be calling your name :D Blessings!

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing!! Wow!! Enjoy your holiday!!! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely charming Amy! I love your collage of papers with the butterflies!! SWEET!!

Tammy E. said...

I adore the mixture of the colors on this beautiful card. Sweet!

karen said...

beautiful card!
enjoy the holidays with your family!

Christina said...

GORGEOUS!