Friday, November 28, 2008

Season of Joy



I recently got a sheet of something called Cotton Scraps from Crafty Secrets. In case you haven't seen these, what you get is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cotton twill that's been printed with all sorts of wonderful, vintage images. I cut one of the images from the "Winter" sheet, frayed the edges a little and used it as the focal point of my card. So quick and easy! I was comparing my stash of Christmas cards with my list and realizing I still have a LOT of cards to make. I'm feeling a little more encouraged after this quickie.

So it's Black Friday in the US - are you shopping today or staying put? Me personally - I don't do mornings or crowds willingly. You're not likely to catch me anywhere near a store today! No thanks :)

Unless it's an online store, of course. And speaking of shopping and sales and online stores, here's a little something ...



8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Those cotton scraps look so pretty on a card!!! Love how you frayed the edges!

Paula Barin said...

LOVE the card, I'm a big fan of vintage and this card is beautiful.

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty and vintage Amy...I love this paper and keep trying to decide if I need more of it!

Kathy Jones said...

This card is gorgeous Amy!!! I love the vintage feel of it. I've also just sent an order to ODBD!!! :)

Jami said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Makes me want to shop in the fabric stores now too!!
hugs, Jami

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card and design Amy, LOVE the beautiful design & image.

Jennifer :)

Angel said...

Love it, Amy! What flowers did you use here? HUGS!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow - how cool is that!!?