Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Quick & Simple



SCS's color challenge this week is Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive. I used a Penny Black stamp called Passion. The Celery designer prints paper helped this card come together in record time.

For the main image, I colored the stamp with the Summer Sun and Old Olive markers. On the edges of the small flowers, I added a little More Mustard (using a marker). For the larger flowers, I added a more subtle hint of Mustard by using a sponge dauber just around the edges, and then filled in a few areas with the More Mustard watercolor crayon. I wanted the flowers to have a little more depth.

To get the embossed look along the edge of the main panel, I cut a smaller piece of chipboard, centered it over the main image, ran it through the Cuttlebug, then went online and ordered some rectangle Nestabilities ;) (Seriously, I did order them!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Passion (by Penny Black), Tiny Talk (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Celery designer prints (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, and More Mustard markers, scallop punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, wide olive grosgrain ribbon, yellow grosgrain (retired?), Cuttlebug

7 comments:

Tracy said...

oh amy - this is love-leeeee!
I am particularly loving all those designer prints papers you're using - this is just a wonderful combo with the flowers. And i do like that embossed background - such a small detail but its so important to how it all comes together - you are the queen of the small details that make all the difference.
And i'm crackin up at the nestabilities again! LOL...rectangles would def be my choice after the circles (oh.. i forgot about ovals... :-) them too!)

Toni said...

Pretty card! I don't use yellow a lot, but I like green. The touch on yellow in this card is just right!

Susie said...

Such a very sweet card. You did an outstanding job on this challenge.

Tracey said...

I had to come out of Google Reader to tell you how stunning this is! The shading on the flowers is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

when emily posted these colors i think that i threw up a little. (sorry for the graphic), BUT...you make them look SO INCREDIBLY GOOOOOD!!!!! can you tell i'm a groupie, yet?

Unknown said...

WOWZA! I always love your stuff! You never cease to amaze! TFS!

Sue Hyer said...

Okay, what are Nestabilities? Sounds like I might NEED those!
Sue