Sunday, December 23, 2007

Moving Right Along ...




... to the next holiday. Not that I'm tired of Christmas, just tired of making Christmas things. This one is for Jen del Muro's Sketch For You to Try this week.

The heart image is from Time Well Spent. The block of sentiments is from the soon-to-be-retired So Many Sayings hostess set. I tried to get a picture that shows all the sparkle, but the dreary, overcast sky in Virginia isn't helping a whole lot. I used a clear Spica to add sparkle on the heart outline, the flower on the heart, on the tiny line of hearts in the sentiment block, and again on the letters L O V E in the sentiment block.

For the background, I ran Very Vanilla through the Cuttlebug using the Textile folder. (I did this in two pieces - the seam is under the ribbon.) I sponged Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, and Chocolate Chip lightly on the raised portions, then added VersaMark to the raised portions and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

Do not laugh at my attempt at adding faux stitching with the All in a Row set!

I'm suffering some serious blog withdrawal ... from my own as well as everyone else's. Can't wait for some normalcy to return after the holidays, so I can get back to daily uploads and so I can see what everyone else is up to as well!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: So Many Sayings, Time Well Spent, Linen, All in a Row
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Chocolate Chip, VersaMark
Paper: Whisper White, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Pomegranate satin ribbon, clear Spica pen, sponge daubers, dimensionals, scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, Cuttlebug textile embossing folder, brayer, iridescent ice embossing powder

7 comments:

Yosha said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tanja said...

I'm in Virginia too! Southeastern Va. and yes, the day was quite dreary! Your post brightened my day, though.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS...as always!!!

Tracy said...

its beautiful
and i LIKE the faux sttitching :-) just the way it is so i dont know what youre talkin about :-)
merry christmas!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean!! I LUV Christmas, but I am dang tired of making Christmas things!! Anyway, luv luv luv your card and YAY!! Valentine's Day!!!

Angel said...

Hope it is okay.... I have added you to my blogroll!

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous card. hey, I'm in Fairfax!